Patient Rights and Responsibilities
Patient and family bill of Rights and Responsiblities
Part of Dallah Hospital mission statement is to provide comprehensive care considering the Patient and family bill of rights and responsibilities and to encourage the clients to practice them. Children and patients unable to practice their rights shall be represented by their appointed family member or decision maker.
Patient & Family Rights:
- Receive a copy of the Patient and Family Bill of Rights and Responsibilities from Reception, Admission Office or Nursing Staff. If, for any reason, you cannot understand it, please contact the Customer Service Officer for help on Dallah Hospital telephone 01/ 299-5555, extension 3903 or 3990 or 3399.
- Receive comprehensive care given without discrimination by competent personnel who respect your personal values and beliefs as per hospital rules and regulations and Saudi laws.
- Expect emergency procedure to be carried out according to the medical priority of the case and without unnecessary delay.
- Have appropriate assessment and management of pain.
- Participate in decisions involving your health care.
- Be provided with information upon discharge, of your continuing health care requirements and how to meet them.
- Receive written general consent when you come for treatment for the first time.
- Sign the necessary informed consent after giving all necessary information explained as interpreted prior to any surgery or invasive procedure, blood or blood components transfusion or anesthesia.
- The Unique needs of dying patient will be recognized, respected and addressed in the care process without contradicting with the hospital rules and regulations and Saudi laws.
- Know the identity of your physician, nurses and other health care giver.
- You can seek a second opinion without the fear to compromise the service provided to you . ( As per the hospital financial rules and regulations) and Customer Services on extension 3399 or 4844 will initiate the second opinion procedure as per hospital rules and regulations.
- Receive complete and current information from your treating doctor "once final diagnosis is defined" regarding the diagnosis and the medical condition, consent, planned care and treatment, the outcome of care, any anticipated outcomes of care and treatment, changes in your health status, potential benefits and drawbacks of proposed treatment, likelihood of successful treatment, possible problems related to recovery and possible results of non-treatment in terms that you can understand (Interpreter is available, if needed).
- Refuse / discontinue the treatment to the extent permitted by law and to be informed about the potential consequences and responsibilities related to such decisions and you will be asked to sign a form prepared for that purpose. You will be informed about the available care and treatment alternatives.
- Receive upon your request an appropriate explanation of the cost of your treatment.
- Voice complaint regarding your care through the Customer Service Office, Ext. 3399/ 4844 or through the Suggestion Boxes. The result of the investigation will be relayed to you by Customer Service Department as soon as possible.
- Know, upon your request, other available sources of care for your condition and other alternative treatment inside or outside the hospital.
- Protect your privacy while receiving services.
- Have your medical record confidentially protected from loss or misuse and read only by individuals involved in your care or by individuals authorized by law or third-party contractual agreement.
- Be provided with safe environment surrounding your care within the framework established by the hospital.
- Be provided with a safety mechanism for your valuables from loss or theft, when needed.
- Be protected from physical, verbal and psychological assault.
- We do support your decision if you decide to donate organ or tissue although we don't provide this service in Dallah Hospital. For more information, you can call the Saudi Center for Organ and Tissue Transplantation on Toll Free 800-121-5500 and land line 01/ 445-1100.
Patient and Family Responsibilities:
- You have a responsibility to deal with hospital staff and other patients in a decent manner and respect their privacy.
- You are responsible for following and respecting the hospital rules and regulations related but not limited to visiting hours, no smoking, not bringing in food from outside without doctor's permission, safety and security instruction, the use of hospital facilities and hospital property.
- You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information about present and past illness history, any change in your health status and accurate list of medication that you are currently using.
- You are responsible for understating your health problem and suggested care before signing any consent.
- You are responsible for following the instructions and medical orders of your treating team and to tell them if you are unable or are not willing to follow the treatment plan.
- You are responsible for the consequences of refusing the treatment or not following the treatment plan.
- You are responsible for keeping your appointment, if you can't keep the appointment; it is your responsibility to notify the appointment office as early as possible.
- You assume the financial responsibility of paying for all services rendered, either by you personally or third party payers (i.e. insurance company).
- You respect and consider the priority for Emergency case.
- Avoid bringing personal valuable to the hospital. The hospital is not responsible for their safety, in special situation; you can submit your valuables to your allocated nurse, in the present of security, after checking their ID you will receive a copy of the patient's property receipt. Keep it and hand it over to the nursing staff when you request your valuables back.